An infertility diagnosis is often made after a woman or couple has been trying to conceive for six months if the woman is age 35 or older, and one year for women under age 35. Fertility tests for the woman include blood work taken on Day 3 of the menstrual cycle to check hormone levels, egg supply and production of eggs, an evaluation of the fallopian tubes and the uterine cavity, and a semen analysis for the male.
You may be a candidate for IVF if you are a woman and:
- You have had your tubes tied (tubal ligation)
- You have scarred or blocked fallopian tubes, or no fallopian tubes
- You have endometriosis and surgery and medication have not been successful treatment
- You have had multiple miscarriages
- You have unexplained infertility
- You have age-related infertility
- You have irregular periods or no periods, indicating that you are not ovulating regularly
- Your male partner has low sperm count, poor motility or has had a vasectomy
If you have had an infertility diagnosis and are ready to pursue IVF, we can help you find the right fertility doctor. If you already have a fertility doctor in mind, we can help you realize the cost-saving benefits of IVFAdvantage, a multi-cycle discount IVF program created by patients for patients.